Shetland Livestock Marketing Group (SLMG) is the key service provider for the Shetland agricultural community.
- The new abattoir is now completed and fully licenced for cattle, sheep, goats and pigs.
- Shetland Mart has undergone a range of improvements including new roller doors, the weighbridge has been fitted with new electronics, fire doors have been replaced, a fully compliant catering kitchen has been fitted and a redesigned cattle handling system has improved stock welfare and made handling more efficient.
- We are implementing a new marketing strategy and building links with Promote Shetland and other agencies to raise our profile
- SLMG has been transferred to a Ben Comm (cooperative for the benefit of the community), which will safeguard the facility and its assets from any future threats
- With the advice and supervision of the Scottish Agricultural Organisations Society (SAOS) and our accountants, a trading company has been formed to handle contractual and business affairs associated with SLMG
If you would like to become a member or discuss the services that we currently provide - or could consider for the future - please contact us on 01595 696300.
Download our membership application/renewal form.