Shetland Livestock Marketing Group in conjunction with Aberdeen & Northern Marts had 300 head of Weaned Calves, Store Cattle and Cows at their Special sale on Wednesday 12th October 2011.
All classes of calves met an excellent demand and more could have been sold to a large ringside. Strong fleshy stores sold at a premium for local slaughter. Cows were a good sound trade.
Shetland Livestock Marketing Group would like to thank the Lerwick Port Authority who very kindly sponsored the sale.
The prize winners were as follows:
Highest gross price for store calves: first prize was awarded to D Anderson, Scousburgh with the leading price of £1160.00. Second prize went to MH Williamson, Watsness and third place was awarded to G B Hunter, Bressay.
Highest price per kilo for weaned claves: first prize was awarded to L H Christie, Laxo with the leading price of £239.10. Second prize went to I Jeromson, Tingwall and third place was awarded to A J T Nicolson, Ollaberry.
Leading Prices per Head
- AAx - £695 & £600 Urgarth, Baltasound; £550 Breckon, Cullivoe;
- Charx - £735 & £710 Arandaal, North Nesting; £665 Vindas, Laxfirth; £650 Barnafield, Ollaberry;
- Limousinx - £795 Arandaal, North Nesting & Vesquoy, Muness; £745 &£730 North House, Gonfirth;
- Salerx - £690 Toft, Funzie; £615 Everland, Fetlar;
- Simmentalx - £795 Est Gate, East Burrafirth; £790 Breckon, Cullivoe; £730 North House, Gonfirth;
- Charx - £600 & £585 Vindas, Laxfirth; £560 Arandaal, North Nesting; £545 Barnafield, Ollaberry;
- Herefordx - £555 Lochend House, Lochend; £450 Gunnister, Uyeasound;
- Limousinx - £635 North House, Gonfirth; £605 Vesquoy, Muness;
- Salersx - £590 Everland, Fetlar; £580 Toft, Funzie;
- Simmentalx - £700 Breckon, Cullivoe; £655 East Gate, East, Burrafirth; £585 Isbister, North Roe.
- AAx - £1020 & £960 Hoversta, Bressay; £890 Setter, Bressay;
- Shorthornx - £1110, £1080 & £1000 Watsness, Walls;
- British Bluex - £1160 New House, Grups;
- Limousin x - £850 North House, Gonfirth;
- AAx - £1020 & £970 Hoversta, Bressay;
- Limousinx - £790 Vesquoy, Muness; £705 & £700 Emohruo, Cullivoe;
- Salersx - £790 & £780 Everland, Fetlar;
Leading Prices Per Kilo
- AAx - 208.9p & 190.4p Urgarth, Baltasound; 189.5p Sandyburn, Vidlin; 183.3p Breckon, Cullivoe;
- SHx - 197.9p Gaets A Voe, Ollaberry; 196.1p & 191.9p Lunna Farm, Vidlin; 192.8p Gath, South Nesting; 180.1p Barnafield, Ollaberry;
- Charx - 239.1p Lower Flugarth, Vidlin; 226.7p Vindas, laxfirth; 226.5p Barnafield, Ollaberry;
- Herefordx - 201.7p Gunnister, Uyeasound;
- Limousinx - 217.4p & 212.1p Boanyview, Voe; 212.4p Vindas, Laxfirth; 209.6p North House, Gonfirth;
- Salersx - 204p Everland, Fetlar; 196p Toft, Funzie;
- Simmentalx - 209.8p Fairview, North Roe; 208p Breckon, Cullivoe; 204p East Gate, Burrafirth; 202.8p North House, Gonfirth;
- Aberdeen Angus X - 196.6p Breckon, Cullivoe,
- Shorthorn X - 212.7p Barnafield, Ollaberry, 198.9p Gaets A Voe, Ollaberry 193.2p Lower Flugarth, Vidlin
- Char X - 217.1p Barnafield, Ollaberry 206.2p & 200.4p Vindas, Laxfirth, 199.2p Arrandaal, North Nesting
- Hereford X - 219.4p Gunnister, Uyeasound
- Limousin X - 209.9p, 202.8p & 202.1p Boanyview, Voe 195.5p & 192.7p Vesquoy, Muness 192.5p Vindas, Laxfirth
- Saler X - 200p Everland, Fetlar, 198p Toft, Funzie
- Simmental X - 212.1p Breckon, Cullivoe 204p Fairview, North Roe, 198.5p Isbister, North Roe
- Aberdeen Angus X - 170.8p & 166.9p Hoversta, Bressay, 165.4p Setter, Bressay
- Shorthorn X - 191.7p & 187.5p Watsness, Walls, 183.9p Gaets A Voe, Ollaberry
- Aberdeen Angus X - 179.6p Emohruo, Cullivoe, 171.2p & 170.4p Hoversta, Bressay
- Limousin X - 185.2p Emohruo, Cullivoe
- Saler X - 167.1p Everland, Fetlar
- Shorthorn X - 169.5p, 168.8p & 165.3p Gaets A Voe, Ollaberry
- Breckon, Cullivoe £1160 (143.9p); £970 (139.4p); Sandyburn, Vidlin £950 (125.8p)
Cows with calf at foot to £1080 Gaets A Voe. Ollaberry;
In Calf Cows £1060 Barnafield, Ollaberry;